Prev: Re: cm scale Next: Re: Gunboats in FT...

Revision Numbers

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 13:22:43 -0000
Subject: Revision Numbers

On Friday, November 21, 1997 8:40 AM, Sprayform
[SMTP:sprayform.dev@netwales.co.uk] wrote:

> >> ...Please please please can we start calling it FT3

<snipped>

On a topical note what is the Official GZG designation on this? They
seem to
use Roman Numerals on Dirtside II and Stargrunt II. Is this a publishing

tradition?
However the romans were toast a long time ago and their numeric system,
somewhat challenged.

In email and usenet etc the short forms DS2 and SG2 seem to be more
popular
so have become the de facto standard in discussions etc. While because
Full
Thrust	second edition never got numerals its called FT or sometimes
FT2.

As this is meant to be a futuristic SF game maybe we and JT should use
arabic
numbering (decimal), which are more common in computer programs etc.

When is FT 3.1.1 (beta) out? Or are you just going to be calling it
'Full
Thrust' third edition and put a different picture on the front?

This is going to matter more when the comparison between rev's start
happening.

sincerely
tim jones
--
Reality is for those who can't cope with Science Fiction.

Prev: Re: cm scale Next: Re: Gunboats in FT...