Prev: Alien: Resurrection Next: Re: Gunboats in FT...

FT PBeM: Vanguard Cruise

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@b...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 97 09:54:10 -0600
Subject: FT PBeM: Vanguard Cruise

 Fellow FT players,

 I will soon be running my 2nd PBeM game of Full Thrust.  All of the
player
 slots have been filled but there is room for a couple alternates and as

 many lurkers as are interested.

 Please contact me directly at dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com if you are
 interested in being an alternate or lurker.  Do not reply to this
mailing
 list.

 This game, like my first, is set in the Starfleet Wars universe.  For
 background information on this universe and FT stats of most of the
ships
 involved, go to:
	http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/starfleet

 VANGUARD CRUISE:
 The Terrans, in an attempt to counter the massive numbers they face
when
 battling the Entomalian Empire, have developed a new class of warship,
the
 Super Galactic Dreadnought.  The SGDs are huge ships, rumored to have
 enough firepower to take on 3 Entomalian dreadnoughts.  The 'Vanguard'
is
 the second SGD to be completed.  The 'Victory' is the nameship of the
class
 and was the first completed but is being refit to fix the problems
spotted
 during her shakedown cruise.  The 'Vanguard' was completed using all
the
 lessons learned from the 'Victory' and is now completing her shakedown
 cruise.  She is accompanied by a small group of escorting ships who
will
 form the core of her battlegroup once she is cleared for active
service,
 which will be soon. It is believed that the 'Vanguard's' first
assignment
 will be on the Entomalian front.

 The Entomalians have heard the rumors of the new SGDs and they need to
 know more.  A large strike fleet has taken a round-about course but has

 penetrated the Terran front made it deep into Terran space to the
 backwater system where the 'Vanguard' has been conducting mock battles
 with her escorts.  The Entomalians have brought along 3 Galactic
 Dreadnoughts to test this Terran super-ship and see if the rumors are
 true.....

 Dean
 <dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com>

Prev: Alien: Resurrection Next: Re: Gunboats in FT...