Prev: Re: cm scale <weenie>rools</weenie> Next: Re: Empress Arianna Tournament Update

Re: cm scale - cinematic collisions ?

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 17:03:20 -0500
Subject: Re: cm scale - cinematic collisions ?

Yes this talk about Cms vs Inches and tabletop clutter reminds me of
just about any SF battle you see on television movies these days. I
recap:
Starship troopers: Ships so close together they're getting nailed left
and right by plasma, and having to evade ramming eachother.
B5: Captain Sheridan is always deciding to ram somebody.
Startrek, and ST:TNG, and Voyager: For some reason ships feel like thye
have to get within 100meters of each other before they can hail
eachother.
ST:DS9. ANybody see the battle against teh dominion last week? That was
the most ships per cubic kilometer I ever saw, really absurd.

Los

Prev: Re: cm scale <weenie>rools</weenie> Next: Re: Empress Arianna Tournament Update