Prev: toy biologicals Next: RE: PBEM Full Thrust in the B5 setting

FT: cm scale sucks

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 21:41:23 +0200 (EET)
Subject: FT: cm scale sucks

We were having a problem with fast ships flying off the board and having

to readjust everything every two turns, so we decided to try out playing

in centimeter scale.

A couple of smaller ones and the final battle of my MechaZone campaign
were played in cm scale. I already gave that story (quite some time ago)

but I recently got the pics scanned.

Check out:

http://www.swob.dna.fi/mini/gzg/ft-cm-1.jpg
http://www.swob.dna.fi/mini/gzg/ft-cm-2.jpg

This is a result of normal closing to range, not any deliberate attempt
to end up that way.

My verdict is: Centimeter scale sucks (note the ships placed on top of
each other).

As much as I dislike it, I'm beginning to think the only way to keep the

action on the table is to give ships top speeds (maybe 3*Thrust).

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: toy biologicals Next: RE: PBEM Full Thrust in the B5 setting