Prev: Re: Jovian Chronicles GZG Adaptation Next: Jovian Chronicles GZG Adaptation

Epic stuff

From: Andy Skinner <askinner@a...>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 10:44:59 -0500
Subject: Epic stuff

Somebody recently asked about Epic stuff in DSII.  I didn't see
any answers, but I know it has been done a good bit.  Look at:
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~cowell/min/ds2/ds2.html (Andy Cowell's DS page)

I had another bookmarked, but it seems to have gone away.  It was:
http://www.mojoski.com/~rgill/minis/ds2/dsII.html

I've got various posts from people over a long time.  Oerjan has
had some good stuff.  I could dig old stuff up if you're interested.

I am still playing Epic 40K, and have not changed over mostly
because E40K still seems to me to be simpler (I hope to try SGII,
and maybe being familiar with that will encourage me) and faster.
But the capacity rules for DSII don't fit very well with Epic
miniatures.  I think you have to stretch things for some minis,
like allowing miniatures other than oversized ones to buy extra
firecons--some of those really need to be able to take more than
one shot.  Grav tanks with fixed guns (old falcons) don't seem to me
to necessarily need to have the normal fixed gun limitation.  The
point system seems to me to work in combination with the capacity
system, so you can't just throw one out.  I think you can in general
make exceptions for specific models and try to account for them with
some other aspect of the design.  But I've never finished doing all
the conversions, and have never played a game except at a con.

Aaron Teske is also thinking of some conversion rules, or was a
month or two ago.

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner@avs.com

Prev: Re: Jovian Chronicles GZG Adaptation Next: Jovian Chronicles GZG Adaptation