Prev: Re: Heavy Gear DSII/SGII adaptation Next: RE: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea...

Re: SGII Jumpers !

From: Sprayform <sprayform.dev@n...>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 11:53:58 +0100
Subject: Re: SGII Jumpers !

Brian wrote:

>>Maybe have squads jumping into close assault cause Terror effects? PA
does
>>anywany, IIRC, but maybe an added + something to the CL check of the
>>target squad?
>>
>>(I know I'd be less than thrilled if a PA trooper suddenly fell out of
the
>>sky into my foxhole...!)

...Yes I would agree to that (although I feel that the jumpers must pass
the
CL first to jump {look before you leap and all that!} and that 'stray'
jumpers shouldn't count in the targets CL check).

...and Sruart wrote:

>I'd be even less thrilled if I was that PA trooper in mid air as the
>radar-guided flak guns came to bear.

...I agree with this point but first you need the flack gun. Perhapse
you
could use the air threat level (I can't remember its name OTTOMH) as an
opposed roll to the jumpers CL to jump.
To avoid this you could call in indirect fire for an air 'chaff' burst

I think flack would only be a threat if it was on a fortified position
that
required defending. After all I don't envisage jumpers going too high in
the
air {don't anyone suggest that a squad could jump up and take out grav
in
low mode!!!!!!!)

Jon (top cat)
Sprayforming Developments Ltd.	      [production tools]
					   made in
				      [prototype  times]
  'The future is now'

Prev: Re: Heavy Gear DSII/SGII adaptation Next: RE: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea...