Prev: Re: Heinlein Arachnids Next: Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>

Re: Bio-Forces

From: Kevin Walker <sage@m...>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 22:30:30 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: Bio-Forces

John Leary wrote:

>Brian,
>     When the movie people buy the rights, they will seldom ask
>the writer of the book for comments or suggestions for the movie.
>     After all, what does he know about the movie business?
>We are talking about the flow of the creative process...
>the guy just wrote the book, what does he know.

Wasn't the original title of the movie going to be "Heinlein's Starship
Troopers"?  IIRC, Heinlein's widow sued the studios and producer of the
StarShip Troopers due to this very departure.  I believe this suite
forced
them to take Heinlein's name off of the title.

Kevin Walker			 Mac Developer / Software Engineer
sage@millcomm.com
Rochester  MN  USA		 WAM!NET

Prev: Re: Heinlein Arachnids Next: Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>