Prev: RE: Bio-Forces Next: Re: Hobby shops in Boston

Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>

From: campbelr@d...
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 18:20:22 +0000
Subject: Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>

Mark: quite beating around the bush and tell us how you REALY feel

about the movie.......
  ;)

Randy
"Creative Financing is the key to any venture. Right John?"
R. Hood (Ret.)

Subject: Re: Re: Bio-Forces
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 20:16:20 -0500 (EST)
From: "Ryan M. Gill" <monty@arcadia.turner.com>
To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Brian Burger wrote:

> (That's another thing wrong w/ ST the movie...the bugs are straight
out of
> old Japanese B-horror 'thing that ate Tokyo' trash...no guns, giant
size,
> while in the book they have tools, starships, guns, and no mention is
made
> of enormous size - they come across (to me at least) as roughly
humanoid
> size, give or take...certainly when the troopers are down in the Bug
> tunnels, they seem cramped and the Sgt. has no trouble man-handling a
> queen/drone/thingy to shield himself...sorry for the off-topic gripe,
I'm
> just starting to wonder if _anything_ in the movie is correct to the
> book...(except the title))

Sgt Jelal grabbed a brain as I recall. The Queens get killed by the
warriors before they can ever get captured. There weren't any flyers in
the book either. The book never said much about the weapons or tools the
bugs used. They did speak of the "Bug" Highway that had traffic moving
at
around 100 kliks an hour (or was it 100 mph...?). Can't imagine what a
bug bus would look like...

They did have lots of legs and skittered quite nicely. Just with an
upright posture.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			      DoD# 0780/AMA/SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 					 -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: RE: Bio-Forces Next: Re: Hobby shops in Boston