Prev: Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>> Next: Heinlein Arachnids

Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 23:33:28 -0600
Subject: Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>

Mike Wikan wrote:

> >Saw Starship Troopers yesterday (preview showing).

	I saw it.....Spoilers below...

	I WANT TO SEE EVERY COPY OF THIS MOVIE BURNED AND ALL OF CAST
(excluding Michael Ironside and Clancy Brown) AND CREW SHOT, HUNG, DRAWN
AND QUARTERED, AND SPACED!  ROBERT HEINLEIN IS ROLLING IN HIS
GRAVE!!!!!!

	There, now that I got that off my chest.

	Major nitpicks:
	1.  How are the bugs capable of hurling asteroids from one side
of the
galaxy to another in such short a time?  They obviously don't have any
starships or plot device drive.
	2.  BTW, why do I have the feeling that the asteroid that hit
Buenos
Aries should have done a lot more damage than it did.  All that happened
was a South American city got flattened.  I real life... does anyone
remember what happened to the dinosaurs.  I got the feeling that they
were try to combine "Starship Troopers" with "The Moon is a Harsh
Mistress."  They failed miserably.
	3.  Rasczak wasn't Rico's teacher.  Mr. Dubious was.
	4.  OK, not only do men and women fight with one another (which
I don't
have a problem with as long as the women can met the physical demands
that combat calls for), but they also share the same barracks and SHOWER
TOGETHER.  Someone told me that they were trying to say that sexual
mores have changed in future... what I really think that the writers
were doing was a lame attempt to throw on some tits and ass. (Pardon the
vulgarity.) It comes to no surprise that the director of this horror
also directed the equal poor "Showgirls."
	5.  It surprises me that the bugs are able to evolve into such
useful
creatures,  warrior bugs, huge heavily armored bugs that spit acid,
flying bugs that have an uncanny knack for cutting of people's heads,
bugs that can shot down starships from orbit with a plasma fart, bugs
that suck out peoples brains to learn what they know... OH COME ON.
Evolution just isn't this lucky.
	6.  For all of you who are still upset with the fact that the
movie
leaves out powered armor, rumor has it they are planning to include it
in a sequel. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! NOT ANOTHER ONE!!!!
	7.  So Doogie Howser (or Col. Dolittle as I call him) can talk
to the
bugs.  Maybe he can ask them what poscessed anyone to make this movie.
	8.  From what I gathered, Rico wasn't a blond haired, blue eyed
white
kid in the book, no?
	Well I got to go. I'm going to finish the novel just to flush
this
movie out of my system. I plan on sending this to the Phil Farland's
Nitpickers Central page (edited, of course).  I won't be too surprised
if there was something up already.
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"Well Mike, I guess it's just a magical land.  I HATE MAGICAL
LANDS!"

			--Crow T. Robot
			MST3K, "Jack Frost"

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>> Next: Heinlein Arachnids