Prev: Re: Bio-Forces Next: Stargrunt - Vietnam '68

SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>

From: "Mike Wikan" <mww@n...>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 18:27:58 +0000
Subject: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>

SPOILER SPACE
.
Saw Starship Troopers yesterday (preview showing). Here goes:

The first 40 minutes is BADLY acted Beverly hills 90210 (not that
there ever was a well acted version) In fact the main characters have
the WORST script around combined with a complete inability to act.The
only two decent actors in the whole damn thing are Michael Ironside
and Clancy Brown.  The effects, however are absolutely beyond belief.
This is DSII. The actors really took away from the movie to such an
extent that I can only give it a C+/B-. The actual combat stuff is
absolutely perfect. The bug plasma batteries burning the Rodger Young
in half (you can see all the decks on fire, etc) was incredible.

They didn't even include my favorite line from the book.

"BUGS MR. RICO!!! ZILLIONS OF 'EM!!!"

Ah well....All sci-fi gamers should see it.

Mike Wikan
Game Design\Conceptual Art
n-Space, Inc.
A Producer of 3D Entertainment Software

"Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Prev: Re: Bio-Forces Next: Stargrunt - Vietnam '68