Prev: Re: Bio-Forces -- Was: SG2/DS2 help wanted... Next: Re: Hello?

Re: Bio-Forces -- Was: SG2/DS2 help wanted...

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@d...>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 20:05:30 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Bio-Forces -- Was: SG2/DS2 help wanted...

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Brian Burger wrote:

> There's only one problem w/ your hypothesis of what the S'V do to POWs
-
> they're supposed to be fighting on the same side as the humans,
against
> the Kra'vak. If it was even suspected that the SV were doing odd,
> possibly unpleasant things to humans in their 'care', I think it'd be
one
> of the shorter alliances on record as the various Human cultures
recoil in
> horror...

Now, doesn't the very idea of a bio-modified Kra'vak just gets your skin
tingling and blood pumpin'?  :)  The occasional 'military advisor'
dropping in on the S'V wouldn't even register as different after being
Transcended into the Cache, that's the advantage of being effectively
millions of times smarter and faster with an incredibly powerful
biotechnology at your disposal ...

Of course, given such a cool race, it'd be a shame to leave them teamed
up
with the humans for long.  :)  Fascinating specie are inevitably the
villains.

> The Borg are also a bad analogue (sp?) for the SV, I think. Unless the
> 'Overmind' you propose disguises it's intentions very, very well. (see
top
> paragraph)

You're a member of a Transcend culture with billions of members all
running at an apreciable portion of realtime if you feel the whim and
free
of any concern but what you desire.  If such a culture can't be subtle,
don't know who /can/.

--
[  Alexander Williams {thantos@alf.dec.com/zander@photobooks.com}  ]
[ Alexandrvs Vrai,  Prefect 8,000,000th Experimental Strike Legion ]

Prev: Re: Bio-Forces -- Was: SG2/DS2 help wanted... Next: Re: Hello?