Prev: Re: Ordering questions Next: RE: Hello?

ST:DS9 battle

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 12:01:36 -0600
Subject: ST:DS9 battle

I don't THINK I'll be doing spoilers, but if you are following DS9, but
wonder what the wormhole has to do with self-replication, STOP RIGHT
HERE!!

With the upcomming HUGE battle, I'm looking forward to trying a small
scale
reproduction of same, using Micro Machines with Scott Field's TNG ships
and
rules adjustments, available on Mark Seifert's excellent web page at:
http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/FT/thrust.html

Problem #1: No Cardassians or Jem Hadar ships. Well, one Cardassian MM
and
no Jem Hadar, but I'll make do. What I would ask for is some ship
designer
whiz to give me some specs.

Problem #2: I've been trying to come up with a battle system, different
from the campaign system I'm working up for the Buck Roger's game map. I
would like to have several tables represent the frontal portions of the
battle, with rules for leaving and entering battle. I would hope that a
'cooling' period for the ship off-board when it's safe but also
unavailable
for inflicting damage, along with a 'parting shot' from the onboard
ships
should make gratuituous table hopping rare. I get ideas, I seldom work
them
to fruition. Anybody else try this?

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Ordering questions Next: RE: Hello?