Prev: GZG Online Catalogue Next: RE: SV: Pulse Torpedoes vs. Submunition Packs

Re: FT: Empress Arianna Tournament Update

From: db-dbm@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 21:32:51 GMT
Subject: Re: FT: Empress Arianna Tournament Update

In message <345B701F.57F1@sj.bigger.net> John Leary writes:
> Aaron P Teske wrote:
> (edited)
> >
> > While I'm not Jon, I figure I can safely say that you more-or-less
are
> > locked out.  One of the ideas behind the tournament is that we don't
> > know what our opponent is using, and if Jon gives out details of the
> > battles immediately after they've finished, then the next people to
> > fight will know what their opponents are capable of.
[...]
> Aaron,
>      Thank you for the reply, I guess I'll just have to wait.
> I am one of those people who likes to inspect the order of
> battle and predict the outcome. (Die rolling can however mess
> up the best estimate.)

John, and those otherwise TWIMC,

Perhaps if you approach individual players for their orders of
battle privately, with many oaths of secrecy sworn, they'll let
you know what they've got. I would.

I'm surprised Jon hasn't include some provision for lurking. Most
PBeMs have a strong lurker contingent.

>      Strangely enough I didn't consider that anyone would look
> at another players fleet.   During a game I normally keep track
> whats going on turn by turn, noting reduced volume of fire, loss
> of turning ability ect.

I'm sure we, the EA players, all do that too. Sensors only cull so
much info, particularly with the obligatory area ECM.

--
David Brewer (also House Covington... through to round two)

Prev: GZG Online Catalogue Next: RE: SV: Pulse Torpedoes vs. Submunition Packs