Prev: Fun with Firecon Next: Re: Definition of FMA

Re: FT: Pulse Torpedoes vs. Submunition Packs

From: BJCantwell@a...
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 18:33:27 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: FT: Pulse Torpedoes vs. Submunition Packs

> Given that both weapons have the same one-arc restriction,
>  the torpedo destroyer is not as good of a purchase than a
>  close assault destroyer mounting 5 subpacks, and either
>  a C Battery and a PDAF, or two PDAFs.
>
>  A close assault destroyer will have a much better chance to
>  unload the subpacks against the heavier capital ships and
>  score far more damage than a comparable torpedo destroyer.

In our group we play pulse torpedoes as 4 mass and 12 points.  We also
make
available a dedicated torpedo fire control which can only direct fire of
dedicated torpedo systems but gives a +1 to hit.  This system cost 5
points
if replaceing an existing firecon or 15 points and 3 mass if added as an
extra firecon.	A line is drawn on the ship diagram indicating which
torpedo
systems are under control of this firecon.  Those torpedoes may only
fire
with the dedicated firecontrol and the dedicated fire control can
perform no
other functions.

Later

Brian

Brian

Prev: Fun with Firecon Next: Re: Definition of FMA