Prev: Re: Miniature Cement Next: Re: FT3: Common to-hit system

RE: FT3: Common to-hit system

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 10:49:25 +0100
Subject: RE: FT3: Common to-hit system

>On Monday, October 27, 1997 3:33 AM, Brian Bell
>[SMTP:PDGA6560@compuserve.com] wrote:
>>>
>> 1) Common damage reduction:
>
>I'd plump for common die reduction - just use less D6 for the various
>factors, no sums please.
>
>> 2) Roll to hit then roll for damage.
>
>I'm against rolling twice, the whole appeal of the current system is
its
>simplicity
>on a single roll.

Agreed wholeheartedly - although a FEW systems use two rolls, I really
want
to keep the single-roll resolution for most combat.

>> 3) FMA.
>
>This appeals as its actually very simple (no sums) and uses a single
roll. It
>works very well in games like Silent Death where the hit and damage are
on a
>single die type roll.

I think I've mentioned before that a starship (or fighter) game using
the
FMA mechanisms would be very interesting to do, and is somethiung that
is
on one of the back burners in my mind, but it WOULDN'T be FT. We may do
something along these lines someday, but to move to polyhedrals in FT
would
change the game too fundamentally.

Jon (GZG)