Prev: Re: In defense of AOG and CE. Next: Re: Valiant Stardate:3000 and Gloaty Bits

Re: Schedules

From: ngilsena@i...
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 15:33:20 +0000
Subject: Re: Schedules

wrote:

> > > It has been my opinion that no game company of any size has ever
been
> > > able to keep up with published schedules. I've played with
wargames and
> > > such for almost 20 yrs and rarely have I ever seen a product come
out
> > > when scheduled.
>
> Actually, T$R, whatever its other faults, was very good with
deadlines.
> But generally, you are right. It's just that it's not just gaming,
it's
> pretty much the entire publishing industry, from software to books
> (newspapers and magazines being the notable exception).

Look at Starcraft for instance.  It was supposed to be out at the
beginning of the year and now its out at Christmas of this year.
I hope.
Niall Gilsenan,
Dublin Institute of Technology,
College of Catering and Tourism,
Cathal Brugha St, Dublin 1,
Ireland.

Prev: Re: In defense of AOG and CE. Next: Re: Valiant Stardate:3000 and Gloaty Bits