Prev: In defense of AOG and CE. Next: Re: SV: The much Awaited Earth Force Source Book

Schedules

From: axe@k... (Tracy Hale)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 14:56:07 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Schedules

> Is it me or has Warner picked two pretty poor games companies to get
out
> the B5 stuff, both AOG and CE seem perpetually either behind schedule,
> beset by production problems, or just plain incompetant (OK, that may
be
> harsh but so far AOG has not impressed me).

It has been my opinion that no game company of any size has ever been
able to keep up with published schedules. I've played with wargames
and such for almost 20 yrs and rarely have I ever seen a product come
out
when scheduled. CarWars Tanks was announced a couple of years before it
actually hit the market. Large companies like Avalon Hill are no better
then AOG in this respect. They all get anxious and announce horribly
optomistic release dates.

My two bits

"A place where life has no value but death sometimes has a price"

Tracy Hale
axe@knuth.mtsu.edu

Prev: In defense of AOG and CE. Next: Re: SV: The much Awaited Earth Force Source Book