Prev: Re: FTIII Next: Re: B5 Wars Distribution Problems

Re: B5 Wars Distribution Problems

From: "Mike Wikan" <mww@n...>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 13:28:46 +0000
Subject: Re: B5 Wars Distribution Problems

It's not that bad at all, actually. One thing I REALLY like about B5
Wars is that it gives a ship a more complex feeling. It's not
anywhere near as bad as SFB as far as record keeping and I like the
individual feel of the toughness of separate systems on a ship and
the ability to play really tactically with small numbers of ships. A
fleet battle system, it's not. But we've done 10 capital ships plus
6-8 fighter groups in a few hours. As opposed to the SFB 6-10 hour
games....

> > From what I'm reading on the SF Conflict Sim list, it's looking like
> > number of people are no longer so cheery about B5W. I'm hearing
things
> > like 10 minutes to resolve the gunfire of one ship on one turn.
Yikes!
> > Give me FT anyday!
>
>    Personally I'm waiting for the B5 rules that will appear in the
> supplement to the B5 role playing game.  I hope that it will provide
> all the setting that B5 has to offer with the playability of Full
Thrust.
> I will buy the miniatures that go along with the B5 Wars game,
especially
> the Narn and Centauri ones.
>
> Enjoy,
> Tom Granvold				<thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>

Mike Wikan
Game Design\Conceptual Art
n-Space, Inc.
A Producer of 3D Entertainment Software

"Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Prev: Re: FTIII Next: Re: B5 Wars Distribution Problems