Prev: Wing Commander Star Maps Next: Re: Low Tech forces in DSII/SGII

Other Kra'Vak Tech

From: Brian Bell <PDGA6560@c...>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 22:27:29 -0400
Subject: Other Kra'Vak Tech

As written, the Kra'Vak seem to have the old Klingon enginering
philosophy
(brute force over stealth, subtlety, or subterfuge). Thus, my question:
  Do the Kra'Vak have or use:
	Enhanced/Superior Sensors
	ECM
	Cloak
I know that they are not officially listed in any of the Kra'Vak
designs,
but that may have been due to lack of space rather than because they do
not
possess the technology.

IMHO, I feel that they would not have these technologies.
	Enhanced/Superior Sensors: This is the one that I feel the most
unsure of. Kra'Vak must have VERY good targeting computers to lob an
non-self-directing projectile over stellar combat distances. They may
have
these. I have always played them as extreme xenophobes. As such I feel
that
they may be more willing to attack against the odds (suicide attack).
Thus
it may not have been an engineering priority to develop scanners that
provide more than targeting and navigational information.
	ECM: This does not fit with the philosophy that I play the
Kra'Vak
as having. A fanitical xenophobic race combined with a particular honor
of
having a stand-up fight Irather than a sneek atack) and brute-force
technology.
	Cloak: I view this as an outgrowth of screen technology rather
than
ECM (bending electro-magnetic energy around a ship). Because of this,
Kra'Vak would not have Cloaking technology. If you view Cloaks as an
outgrowth of ECM technology instead, and give Kra'Vak ECM, you may wish
give this to the Kra'Vak.

Brian Bell
pdga6560@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html

Prev: Wing Commander Star Maps Next: Re: Low Tech forces in DSII/SGII