Prev: Re: Vector Rules Next: Re: Vector Rules

Re: Vector Rules

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 12:53:21 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Vector Rules

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997, Imre A. Szabo wrote:

> Rotating should cost ZERO thrust.  The little guys will still be able
> out manuever the big guys because they have more (often much more)
> thrust.

I disagree -- it would take too much effort to rotate a battleship at
the
same speed as a corvette. The key question is "how far can you rotate
the
ship in a single game turn?" I can't see how a 60-ton capital ship could
possibly maneuver/rotate at with the same degree of "agility" as a 6-ton
escort ship. Of course, given enough time, a single retro-rocket can
spin
a battleship like a top, but it would take forever to get up to speed.

--
Rick Rutherford ----- rickr@digex.net ----- The above opinions are mine.
"I've seen collisions on fire off the side of the ethernet LAN.

All these things will be lost in time, like dropped packets. Time to
die."

Prev: Re: Vector Rules Next: Re: Vector Rules