Prev: FORTRAN programmers SHOUT Next: Re: Vector Rules

RE: Can't Recommend this Site for GZG fans (was Re: DirtsideMiniatures -take a look at these)

From: "Haun, Gilles, SSG" <haung@E...>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 07:52:17 -0400
Subject: RE: Can't Recommend this Site for GZG fans (was Re: DirtsideMiniatures -take a look at these)

Thanks Beast, the comments are appreciated.  Personally, I thought the
ogre minis were great and have a varied collection as well.  I saw this
guys space ships and although I can't personally say I'd get them, it
was nice to see a different line, but the price of his 'Land-train',
heck - that's almost a collection in itself at Scotia prices!  If you or
anyone else knows of online mini sources, I'd like to get a past from
them to go take a look.  Thanks,

Gil

>----------

Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@UNebMail.UNeb.EDU[SMTP:Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@UNebMai
l.UN
>eb.EDU]
>Sent:	Friday, October 03, 1997 10:27 PM
>To:	FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
>Subject:	Re: Can't Recommend this Site for GZG fans (was Re:
>DirtsideMiniatures -take a look at these)
>

>On the other hand, a number of us silently steamed. He popped when
someone
>was looking for Ogre minis; I don't think his 'land trains' fit the
bill at
>all. He popped up talking about his space ships when someone had
questions
>about Full Thrust. The pics on the web site are of all painted; the
>comments suggest the ships are smooth to allow creativity and some kind
of
>painting magic. Fine, I like CMD's details. It got VERY tiresome, over
and
>over.
>
>Have to admit, though, it's nice to see Fireball XL-5 lives on in some
of
>the ships. ;->=
>
>Mr. Haun, I applauded your attempts to introduce another possible
source of
>figs; not your fault it was accompanied by very bad memories.
Personally, I