Prev: Newbie Ship Question Next: Re: Scotia MicroModels minis (longish)

Re: Dirtside Miniatures - take a look at these

From: "Steve Pugh" <mafb90@p...>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 15:34:21 +0000
Subject: Re: Dirtside Miniatures - take a look at these

Gil wrote:

> For all you guys out there looking for sci-fi miniatures, I stumbled
> onto this site a few months ago.
[snip]
>  Give 'em a look, I think you'd like them.
>
> http://www.halcyon.com/shamrock/doe/PRC1.html

Now, I don't want to throw foundless accusations around, (especially
not if they're directed at someone with an army.mil e-mail address
;-)) but over on the rec.games.miniatures newsgroup the site you're
plugging is the worst offender for posting ads into totally unrelated
threads, I hop we're not about to see the start of that on this list.

> Can anyone tell me how to get the official stats for the DS II
> vehicles that are out on the market?	No one here seems to have an
> answer.

Short answer: There aren't any.

Longer answer: First, do you mean the older Future Wars miniatures or
the new Dirtside ones? For the former there are no stats, but the
miniatures are very generic anyway.

For the latter, the stats for a handful of them are given in the
appendices to the Stargrunt rulebook. (The Vehicle stats for a SGII
vehicle and a DSII vehicle are nearly identical.)

A list of those miniatures with stats given are:

DSM 101 (SF25-93)  Gauntlet hover APC - NSL LKPzW VI   page 68.
DSM 104 (SF25-86)  Phalanx APC	      - NAC FV202      page 68.
DSM 105 (SF25-88)  Hoplite MMRV       - NAC FV701      page 68.
DSM 106 (SF25-89)  Hunter MMRV	      - NAC FV703      page 68.
DSM 112 (SF25-28)  Wombat APC	      - FSE/OU AGCI-5B page 69.

And that's it. You'll have to invent the rest of the stats yourself.

	Cheers,
		Steve
--
"Grab reality by the balls and squeeze." - Tempus Thales

Stephen Richard Pugh	 http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/estate/ax16

Prev: Newbie Ship Question Next: Re: Scotia MicroModels minis (longish)