Prev: Re: Newbie Ship Question Next: Re: Newbie Ship Question

Re: Newbie Ship Question

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 23:33:09 -0500
Subject: Re: Newbie Ship Question

agoodall@sympatico.ca on 10/01/97 10:00:31 PM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

On Thu, 2 Oct 1997 11:33:47 +0000, campbelr@pop3.kunsan.af.mil wrote:
***SNIP OF STUFF***
-For a vector movement system, check out the Fleet Book that should be
-released some time in the new year. The beta of the vector rules were
-posted here a while ago, so I'm sure someone could send them to you.

As this was probably sent out while I was on hiatus from this list, I
should like to request someone send me a copy, also.
->3: If you have an odd number foor a turn, say 3, can you take the 2
->point at either time of the move? (mid or end?)
-I'm not sure if this is an official rule, but we (that is my players,
-plus everyone I met at GenCon) does half the turn, rounded down, at
-the beginning of the move and half the turn, rounded up, at the
-halfway point in the move.

Oh, Allan, after I told the world(at least those on
rec.games.miniatures.
misc) how you are SUCH an expert on FTII! ;->=

Page 6, second col: If the total Course change is an ODD number, then
round DOWN the initial part of the change and round UP the mid-move
part.
If you take any turns at the end of the move, it's a house rule.

What isn't clear is how you divide the distance. Both examples in the
book
are
even numbered velocity. I assume that you'd split an odd distance
evenly, (
;->= )
V15: turn, move 7.5", turn, move 7.5", but it's not stated, and the way
things
work in FTII, simple, integer, it caused me a little pause.

->Also,  someone posted a variant of the FT/ST Disruptor batteries and
->I lost the post, does anyone have it?
-Not me, sorry.

Isn't this on Mr. Siefert's(sp?) Unofficial Full Thrust web site? Don't
have
the URL handy, but it was mentioned, I believe, in a post not that long
ago.

It IS a damn fine piece of work; so much so, I sent him a free pack of
hard-to-
find Ogre GEV's just in thanks.

Speaking of gifting Ogre lead, I had a lovely Mk V to send to someone on
this
list, not quite free as I 'has some strings attached', but lost the
address.
Anybody here know of what I speak?
-Allan Goodall	-  agoodall@sympatico.ca
-"The secret rules of engagement are hard to endorse,
- when the appearance of conflict meets the appearance of force"
-			- The Tragically Hip

The_Beast, who can never come up with something clever enough for a .sig

Prev: Re: Newbie Ship Question Next: Re: Newbie Ship Question