Prev: Re: One question that's plagued me about Full Thrust Next: Aliens Action Fleet APC

Re: One question that's plagued me about Full Thrust

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 21:57:13 -0500
Subject: Re: One question that's plagued me about Full Thrust

>> If we have the tech to put rail guns on aerospace and ground
>> vehicles, why are the Kra'vak the only ones to use them on
>> starships.  It would seem a natural evolution as would the armoring
>> of a ship.
>
>Hmm, interesting one. It must be a targetting issue. As railguns are
>slower than light the time to target will be much longer than for
>lasers. Thus they require better targetting solutions. So maybe, the
>Kra'vak developed better sensors and computers than we did. Maybe
>moving over to railguns would be the next logical step for us, but we
>ran into the Kra'vak before that occurred.
>
>If the Kra'vak do have better tragetting systems this could be
>represented in DSII by giving superior firecons to a greater
>percentage of their forces.

Alternatively, they just havn't developed good particle beam tech, thier
sensors may therefore not be that great.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx
New York 10461

Tel: (718) 430 4289
smurray@aecom.yu.edu

Prev: Re: One question that's plagued me about Full Thrust Next: Aliens Action Fleet APC