Prev: Re: FT at MOAB 97 : INFO Next: Re: FT / DS2 /SG2 - Super Rapid Fire Guns

Re: Asteroids

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 13:20:51 -0500
Subject: Re: Asteroids

>Trivia note: some of you may have noticed that Jupiter is ~5.2 AU from
the
>sun,
>and I indicated some asteroids range out as far as 5.2 AU from the sun;
these
>asteroids are part of the Kirkwood Gap phenomenon, and are called
Trojan
>Asteroids, something some of you may have heard of before, in some dim
faint
>distant memory from a basic astronomy class.

I think there are Trojan point asteroids described in the
Niven/Pournelle
"Mote" series.	So for us non-physiscs guys what does this really mean ?

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx
New York 10461

Tel: (718) 430 4289
smurray@aecom.yu.edu

Prev: Re: FT at MOAB 97 : INFO Next: Re: FT / DS2 /SG2 - Super Rapid Fire Guns