Prev: FT at MOAB 97 is ON! Next: RE: FT at MOAB 97 is ON!

Buck Rogers and FT

From: campbelr@p...
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 23:08:25 +0000
Subject: Buck Rogers and FT

 Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@East.Sun.COM> wrote:

>snip  about campaign<
(Interesting Ideas though, I'd love to discuss some variants and rule
ideas :)

>   Anyway, I think it's a great idea, and the map is very useful for
> Full Thrust games.  It's probably hard to find now but you should be
> able to get it cheaply if you do find it.  I should think someone
> could come up with an extremely similar but not copyright-infringing
> map as well, if necessary.

Hard to find? I haven't seen a copy since Florida, (over a year ago)
and the shop I saw it in, said "..since it's a (quote) classic
(un-quote) game, and no longer in print. We couldn't part with it for
less than 35 dollers" (Ten more than I paid for my original, when it
was brand new!) So I'm still looking, maybe I'll get lucky in Utah.
I aalwaays considered the "Fighters" in the game to be more like an
Escort ship, (Frigate or Destroyer. Face it, ain't no "one man
fighter" going to cross interplanetary distances by it's lonesome:)
and the "Battler" to be a Capital class ship. Heck if I find a copy,
there's a fleet or three in there, once I paint em. (Anybody else
notice that there were a couple of extra ship type models in the
photo  on the back that were no in the game? Or was mine just missing
something?)
As for the map, anyone out there ever play the PBM version?  They
gave out copies of the map for each turn.  It would be a start,
personally I'd like to include some of the outer Solar System also.

Joachim: What was the turn time? (A "month" terran, I believe in the
oriiginal, was yours the same?)

Randy
Randy Campbell

For Something Out of This World
Check Out:  http://www.millennial.org

Prev: FT at MOAB 97 is ON! Next: RE: FT at MOAB 97 is ON!