Prev: Re: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED Next: Re: Realistic Fleet sizes

Re: Realistic Fleet sizes

From: "Christopher K Smith" <smithck@a...>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 19:30:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Realistic Fleet sizes

> I was thinking along the lines of the NSL may have -say- four fleet
> carriers, 5 superdreadnoughts and so on.  It seemed to me that
although
> navies such as the US have extensive budgets they do not have many
flet
> carriers or major battleships.  I thought that this may be readily
extended
> into a space fleet.

I may be wrong here...but I think the US has close to 14 carrier
battle groups...thats carrier and support ships.  Although that 14
does seem a little high. I am remembering something my history
proffesor said.  Maybe its only about 6 or 7.

Chris

Prev: Re: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED Next: Re: Realistic Fleet sizes