Prev: Re: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED Next: Re: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED

RE: Realistic Fleet sizes

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 19:07:37 -0400
Subject: RE: Realistic Fleet sizes

>Stuart Murray wrote:
>I am thinking of expanding my fleet at the moment and it goit me onto
>thinking about 'realistic' fleet sizes.
>
>--
>
>Another source of information for this could be found in the
>GDW Trillion Credit Squadron book for the Traveller game.
>They generated a fleet funding level based on the tech level,
>economic strength, per capita income, etc for a system or
>a group of systems.

I was thinking along the lines of the NSL may have -say- four fleet
carriers, 5 superdreadnoughts and so on.  It seemed to me that although
navies such as the US have extensive budgets they do not have many flet
carriers or major battleships.	I thought that this may be readily
extended
into a space fleet.

OK, so another reason why I was thinking about fleet sizes is that I
looked
recently at the Bifrost NSL page, he has a photo of a huge fleet, I was
impressed plus I thought the if it were 'real' then surely it would
represent a large proportion of the entire NSL fleet.

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx
New York 10461

Tel: (718) 430 4289
smurray@aecom.yu.edu

Prev: Re: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED Next: Re: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED