Prev: Re: Radio Waves (was: RE: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED) Next: Re: Power Armour Design System (Part 2)

Guidelines on posting sizes? 20Kb limit?

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 04:17:07 -0400
Subject: Guidelines on posting sizes? 20Kb limit?

On Tuesday, September 16, 1997 6:33 PM, Samuel Penn
[SMTP:sam@bifrost.demon.co.uk] wrote:

> I'd just like people to think a bit before posting large
> files (binary or otherwise), about whether it really
> needs to be posted, or is something that could be put on
> an ftp/web site, and a pointer posted instead.

I agree with these sentiments. It would be helpful if we had some
guidelines
on
what is an acceptable size. Going back through my mail I've looked at
some of
the larger posts and propose that anything over 20Kb is probably too big
to post. If we used that as a guideline with some reasonable leeway +-
5Kb
say then that would help people make the 'should I post this' call.
Anything
bigger would require a 'if you want it mail me personally' type post
(avoiding 'me too' ing to the list).

--
Bug T

Prev: Re: Radio Waves (was: RE: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED) Next: Re: Power Armour Design System (Part 2)