Prev: Re: Radio Waves (was: RE: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED) Next: Star Blazers Fleet Battle System

Re: Where, oh where, is Jerry Han?

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 10:32:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Where, oh where, is Jerry Han?

Why is it always 'thin air'? Why can't it be 'fat air'? 'Mostly fit but
could lose a few pounds air'? wrote:
Gee, everybody talking about me.  (8-)

I'm glad somebody read the archives; sometimes I wondered what was
going on with them.

Alright, here are my future plans, and a brief description of my
situation:

1)  The archives are intact and sitting on my computer at home.
Furthermore, I'm still archiving messages, so I've only lost one day
when my mail account died for no apparently good reason, back in
August.

2)  I've managed to arrange for a 10 megabyte WWW site from my
ISP (http://www.idigital.net/jhan)  So far, all it has is an
out-of-date bookmark file; I plan to correct that in the next week
or so.

However, because of the rather small size (my previous place had
effectively unlimited), I'm only going to have about four months
on-line as opposed to the year and a half I had earlier.  I'll
keep the rest, but they'll have to be sent out on special request.
I'll probably keep the Index files about.

Also, because of the lack of space, I'm just going to archive the
original mail folders in a flat text format i.e. drop the
edited version formatted for plain reading without mail headers.
This means that if  you have access to UNIX-style mailers, you're happy,
and
if  you're using Netscape or IE, you maybe in trouble.	I
haven't figured out yet how to get Netscape or IE to import a flat
text file, though  I have figured out how to get them to export a
flat text file, which is good.	(8-)

That's the long/short of it.  Work is pretty crazy right now,
but I MAY (emphasis on MAY) have something up by tonight.  If not,
things should get better over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for your patience, everybody.

Jerry

P.S.  Please use jhan@idigital.net for personal e-mail and whatnot;
I'm trying to keep the work-related account out of the limelight.
I just thought I'd reply to this one because it seemed to be
generating a thread.  (8-)

--
    Jerry Han - Programmer/Webmaster - Canoe Canada - jhan@canoe.ca
	 ***** Visit Canoe Canada! => http://www.canoe.ca *****

Prev: Re: Radio Waves (was: RE: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED) Next: Star Blazers Fleet Battle System