Prev: Re: Tolerance - MIME attachments in ASCII are OK? Next: Re: Faster Than Light Travel - Reply

Tolerance??

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 09:23:40 -0400
Subject: Tolerance??

Owen Glover writes:

@:) Personally the attachments don't bother me, neither does the FTL
@:) thread (yet), but can't we be a little more tolerant??

  I think we need to avoid extremely large attachments, such as those
generated when binary files (programs or images, eg) are attached to a
message.  Also I think if the message is unreadable by some list
members, those members have a right to bring that to the attention of
the writers.

  I gather that some of us have extremely limited mailbox space and
are disturbed by even small attachments like we have been seeing
recently from various Windows mail programs.  This doesn't bother me
much, personally.

  As far as the FTL discussion goes - I automatically delete all list
mail about DSII, SGII, models, conventions and expressions of
gratitude.  That often works out to be more than half the messages I
receive.  I figure the reward for this is that now and then a thread
turns up which interests me greatly.  In that case I will read and
contribute.  And you (pl) will delete.	To me, it seems fair.  I like
the fact that I'm learning things by reading the FTL thread - about
physics and even more about SF ideas which may have a bearing on Full
Thrust.  To me that's quite worthwhile.

-joachim

Prev: Re: Tolerance - MIME attachments in ASCII are OK? Next: Re: Faster Than Light Travel - Reply