Prev: Re: DSII Kryomek Adaptations Next: RE: SGII - Vehicle Over-run REPOST

SGII medieval armor conversions

From: HRAZ71A@p... (MR DAVID E PETERS)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 23:54:25 -0400
Subject: SGII medieval armor conversions

    Dear StarGrunt II Fans;

    Well it just seems that we have alot material to draw from
espcially roleplaying games, reference books on sci-fi equipment.
Holstic Designs has an interesting game called Fading Suns that
depicts
a setting of interstellar civilization that has declined
technologically.   They have a mix old and high
tech equipment espicially armor old designs and high designs.

    Here is my attempt at converting them to StarGrunt II

Fading Suns Armor
		      Armor Die

Padded/Heavy Clothing
			D4
Leather Jerkin/Studded Leather
		      D6
Scale Armor
			       D6
Chainmail
				 D6
Halfplate
				  D6
Platemail Armor
			       D8
Synthsilk
				  D6
StiffSynth
				 D8
Polymer Knit
		       Firearms D6/D4 other weapons
Ceramsteel
				D10

Shields
			      Die shift

Small
				   +1D type in CA only
Large
				   +2D type in CA only

     Since Fading Suns has interesting setting for using all three
rules sets.  This my attempt to deal with
low-tech weapons in a somewhat high-tech setting.

  David Peters

Prev: Re: DSII Kryomek Adaptations Next: RE: SGII - Vehicle Over-run REPOST