Prev: Some Relativity (was Re: Faster Than Light Travel - Reply) Next: Re: Monoculture Aliens, etc.

Re: Monoculture Aliens, etc.

From: kx.henderson@q... (Kelvin)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 19:38:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Monoculture Aliens, etc.

>> This happened when Valen
>> appeared 1000 years ago, apparently dramatically enough to become all
>> prevading very quickly. Each caste is a very different culture from
the
>> others - the Warrior caste are (surprisingly enough) very aggressive
and
>> seem to have a very fluid hierachy of families, while the religous
are much
>> less caring about family and more the caste as a whole.
>
>I don't know if I'd call that really multi-cultural. It all seems
>too symboitic. They all speak the same language don't they?

I don't think so.  In one of the earliest episodes Leneer is boring
Londo to
death by telling him in detail his life on Minbar.  He mentions
something
about 25(?) tongues and sub-tongues.  Then later on in "War Without End
Part
II" Zathras mentions that the Minbari have three languages.  So take
your
pick.  I'm pretty sure they don't all speak the same language.

-Kelvin.....

	"Young lady, in THIS house we obey
	      the laws of Thermodynamics!"
			-Homer Simpson
	    email:  kx.henderson@qut.edu.au

Prev: Some Relativity (was Re: Faster Than Light Travel - Reply) Next: Re: Monoculture Aliens, etc.