Prev: Re: Faster Than Light Travel Next: Re: Faster Than Light Travel

Re: Faster Than Light Travel

From: Andy Skinner <askinner@a...>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 09:06:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Faster Than Light Travel

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Andy Skinner wrote:
> > Does converting yourself to energy or a signal and transmitting
> > that and reconstructing at the other end count?  I know the
> > transmission has to travel some way.  I'm not all that big on
> > science fiction, so I am not familiar with who has done what.
>
>	  Would I be wrong If said that even energy has to obey
Einstien's
> speed-of-light speed limit and that this energy transmition method
would
> not be considered "Fater" than ligher travel?

Transmission as tachyons?  I don't know anything about tachyons
except they were supposed to move faster than light.  I don't
even remember whether they were theoretical, hypothetical, or
fictional.

Aren't the effects of gravity supposed to be effective immediately
across distance?  So could you postulate some sort of gravitational
signal that would be instantaneous?

I really gotta be quiet.  I don't know what I'm talking about.

:-)

andy
askinner@avs.com

Prev: Re: Faster Than Light Travel Next: Re: Faster Than Light Travel