Prev: Monoculture Aliens, etc. Next: OFF TOPIC Re: Star Trek background - Reply

Re: FMA:Stargrunt II:FASA Dr. Who

From: "Steve Pugh" <mafb90@p...>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 06:40:24 -0400
Subject: Re: FMA:Stargrunt II:FASA Dr. Who

> Hmmm, reading this, maybe I should qualify my statement a bit.
> Harlequin's latest catalog had pictures of a dalek and cyberman
> miniature on the cover, but no mention of either on the inside.
>
> When I bugged them at GenCon about this fact, they told me that they
> are producing a line of miniatures for an upcoming Dr. Who game
> (possibly published by them as well?).  They had a few samples at
> the booth, so I bought a Cyberman (no Dalek's available yet).

According to what I've heard they are producing some skirmish rules
themselves to acompany the miniatures.

Also the list of different races and stuff they submitted to the BBC
for approval apparently had over a hundred entries! The only ones I
know for sure that they are making are Cybermen (from the catalogue
cover
it will be the naff 'Revenge of the Cybermen' design.), Daleks, Ice
Warriors and UNIT troops.

Well, I want an Ice Warrior army! And some Draconians would be nice
too!

(I'm sure we can get cheaper UNIT troops from historical/moden
ranges, but isn't that always the case?)

> In a nutshell, the miniatures will be available for general release
> in October sometime.	They are planning on a large line, with
> several figures cycling in and out over time.  I don't know any more
> information on the game itself.

I wrote to Harlequin in the UK and they told me that the Doctor who
range was coming out 'in one month's time'. That was in July, so they
should be out by now! I haven't been to a games shop in months, so
anyone in the UK seen them?

	Steve
 I never answer letters and you don't like my tie."  - The Doctor

Stephen Richard Pugh	 http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/estate/ax16

Prev: Monoculture Aliens, etc. Next: OFF TOPIC Re: Star Trek background - Reply