Prev: Re: GF range mini's Next: RE: GF range mini's

Re: Faster Than Light Travel

From: Christopher Pratt <valen10@f...>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 00:09:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Faster Than Light Travel

Dean Gundberg wrote:

>  > From what I understand Gravity is not instantaneous and in fact
follows
>  > waves of a speed of c.
>
>  If I remember my Honor Harrington right, wasn't one of their secret
>  weapons the ability to communicate over distances before unthought of
>  almost instantaneously with the use of a gravitic device?  Also they
were
>  able to identify enemy ships that were very, very far away with their
>  gravity signature.
>
>  But then again it could have been a dream ;-)
>
>  Dean
>  (dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com)

your close dean,

the RMN found a way to use gravation pulses, which in the HH universe
travel FTL, to send messages.  The RMN would mount this system on remote
sensor drones, which would send a message, containing data on the enemy
fleet, over these gravatic pulses, kinda like morse code.

basically it gave them real time sensor data on an incoming force, as
apposed to waiting for whatever prevous data transmission media to give
them a sensor lock on there opponents

chris "yes, i did just read that part" pratt
valen10@flash.net

Prev: Re: GF range mini's Next: RE: GF range mini's