Prev: Re: Irregular Minis Next: Universe Maps in Toronto

Re: Star System Attack

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 10:09:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Star System Attack

At 10:23 PM 9/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
> If whatever FTL technology you use allows entry into a solar systems
at
>*any* point, then there is no effective way to defend a solar system;
it's
>just too damn big to position any kind of ships to protect against all
the
>potential angles. Delta-V, thrust, etc., all prevent an adequate
coverage of
>the area (unless you have unlimited defensive resources).

That's why in my own, home-brewed universe I have people jumping into
the
corona (sp?) of stars. You fly into the star towards the jump point, and
come out the opposite jump point heading away from the star. Of course,
heaven help you if you miss...

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Irregular Minis Next: Universe Maps in Toronto