Prev: Re: FMA:Stargrunt II:FASA Dr. Who Next: Re: Star System Attack

RE: Muskets in SG2? (was Re: United States Civil War)

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 01:57:34 -0400
Subject: RE: Muskets in SG2? (was Re: United States Civil War)

I think you would be bit harsh on the muskets by limiting the load and
firing to two actions. As I understand it the Rate of Fire is a factor
included in the firepower; perhaps leave Firepower down at the 0.5?

In assigning the Impact for the muskets you might want to bear in mind
that although the muskets of 1700s/1800s fired a soft lead projectile,
this projectile was often so heavy and fired at such a relatively low
muzzle velocity that they had a massive shock impact rather than good
penetration.

And whilst talking Lo-tech what about bows/crossbows?

Owen Glover
IT Services