Prev: VALAMIR@aol.com: [BAB]: In Case anyone missed it Next: Re: Irregular Minis

Re: Flashing (was Re: Star System Attack)

From: "EPICS: Self-Guided Wilderness Tours" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 17:09:45 -0400
Subject: Re: Flashing (was Re: Star System Attack)

>@:) Off the plane of the ecliptic there ain't a whole lot of
>@:) cover. The last thing i would want in attacking a star system is
>@:) to be completely _NAKED_ ready for those LR missiles to come
>@:) cruising in from every darn weapon platform in the system.....
>
>  Well I wouldn't probably even get so far as worrying about the
>missiles:
>
>  Admiral Heck:  "What kind of a plan have you got for us, Mike?"
>  Captain Wikan: "We'll surprise them, sir!"
>  Admiral Heck:  "Excellent!  Tell me more!"
>  Captain Wikan: "Well, normally we'd come in on the plane of the
>		   ecliptic, right?"
>  Admiral Heck:  "Sure."
>  Captain Wikan: "This time - we won't!"
>  Admiral Heck:  "Whoa..."
>  Captain Wikan: "That's right - we'll approach from the north pole of
>		   the star!"
>  Admiral Heck:  "You are a genius."
>  Captain Wikan: "They won't be looking for us there."
>  Admiral Heck:  "Your mother would be proud."
>  Captain Wikan: "And we'll all be naked."

Ya know...this is kinda scary for me. THere are a few people
I climb with who have similar viewpoints on climbing (expose
yourself - CLIMB NAKED!)

>  Admiral Heck:  "Uh... right.  Listen, Mike, you've obviously been
>		   working way too hard on this - why don't you head
>		   down to psych and take a rest, OK?"
>
>  < Wikan is dragged away kicking and screaming >
>
>  Captain Wikan: "NOOOOOO!  NOOOOO!  They'll never expect it, I tell
>		   you!  They'll NEEEVEEER EXPECT IT!!!!!"

heheheh

Mk
-
ENEMY WANTED: Mature, lone, North American superpower seeks hostile
nation
for arms racing, third world conflicts, threat inflation, mirror-imaging
and general bellicose posturing. Must be sufficiently menacing to
frighten
more money from Congress. Nuclear capability preferred, chem-bio or
near-nuclear considered. Technologically backward, yet fierce applicants
will also be considered. Must be able to taunt, harangue and bluster in
local
and international media markets. Location: Earth, anywhere, preferrably
near
strategic petroleum deposits, major population or economic centers.
Please
reply with picture of chanting troops, tank battalions, atrocities,
screaming
fighters, etc, to: The Pentagon, Washington, D.C., U.S.A. Pre-emptive
attacks
welcomed. Please, no micro-cell terrorists.

Prev: VALAMIR@aol.com: [BAB]: In Case anyone missed it Next: Re: Irregular Minis