Prev: RE: Star Maps Next: RE: CALL TO U.N.S.C.!!

Re: Cover in Dirtside II

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 19:17:02 -0400
Subject: Re: Cover in Dirtside II

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Alexander Williams wrote:
> Mainly because it makes no sense.
>
> There is X amount of cover; given the scale at which we're working and
the
> granularity of the system, it makes no sense to say a vehicle that
differs
> in SIZE as little as do one class from the next does gets
/significantly/
> more protection from the same cover.	An entire die class is quite a
bit,
> statistically, even moreso at the lower ranges that small-SIZE
vehicles
> inhabit.

I see your point -- changing a whole die type for each size class gives
significant advantage to the defender.

On the other hand, I don't see how a SuperHeavy Tank can get the same
degree of protection from light woods that a Jeep can.

--
Rick Rutherford ----- rickr@digex.net ----- The above opinions are mine.
"I've seen collisions on fire off the side of the ethernet LAN.

All these things will be lost in time, like dropped packets. Time to
die.."

Prev: RE: Star Maps Next: RE: CALL TO U.N.S.C.!!