Prev: Re: Star Maps/Mapping (was: Stars (was: ...)) Next: Re: Stars (was: RE: [OFFICIAL] Background thoughts(Size of

Star Maps

From: Kyle Klingler <kklinglr@f...>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 16:37:24 -0400
Subject: Star Maps

I bought a copy of the computer game Frontier: Elite II because the star
maps
impressed me.  There was a grid level plane with circles for stars when
you looked at the map from above.  But when you rotated it using the
mouse, you would see that each star had a line going to the grid show
whether it was "up" or "down" from it and the distance from it.  The
rotation
worked very smoothly.  At the time it seemed impressive.  That and the
fact it had over 2000 star systems mapped out (not sure if all of the
stars were real).

*  Kyle Klingler - kklinglr@freenet.columbus.oh.us  "I'm not dumb.   *
* I just have a command of thoroughly useless information."  Calvin  *
*   "I have the strength of madness."  Miaowara Shiro		     *

Prev: Re: Star Maps/Mapping (was: Stars (was: ...)) Next: Re: Stars (was: RE: [OFFICIAL] Background thoughts(Size of