Prev: Re: FT Ship Designations - OU/NAC Next: Re: Star Trek background (was... something else)

Star Trek background (was... something else)

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 05:36:13 -0400
Subject: Star Trek background (was... something else)

In message <3411B464.230B@earthlink.net> "John D. Hamill" writes:

> The NAC explanation isn't silly, just needs to be better explained.
And
> your universe IS a lot better than the "faschists with smiley faces"
of
> Star Trek.

Fascists? Surely you mean communists. They seem to have abolished
all money, get from people according to their ability, give to
them according to their needs etc.. The Federation seems to be an
idealised version of what the Soviet Union used to pretend to be.
(Have you ever read the old Soviet constitution?)

Remind me... didn't McCarthy run all the commies out of Hollywood?

American children are being corrupted. Cool.

[B5, OTOH, is just the same thing the other way round. Earth =
America with all the bad-juju conspiratorial trimmings that are
fashionable. Black helos become black starfuries, even...]

--
David Brewer

Prev: Re: FT Ship Designations - OU/NAC Next: Re: Star Trek background (was... something else)