Prev: Player Listing Next: Re: Player Listing

Re: SG - New Israeli's _ Eureka Miniatures

From: "Bruce S. R. Lee" <bsrlee@w...>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 09:00:23 -0400
Subject: Re: SG - New Israeli's _ Eureka Miniatures

 Tom Hughes wrote is part:
> I don't it would be particularly loud in the first place. maybe the
sound
of a dry stick
> breaking?  On a windy day out in some overgrown hedgerow I don't think
you
> could hear it at 50 meters let alone locate it.

Having been a ranger marker for shooting with 7.62mm (nato) many years
ago,
I can assure you that is is more than a breaking stick noise to have a
high
velocity round travel overhead. At a couple of hundred yards there is
often
a definite visceral 'thump' if you are out in the open (such as
walking/driving down the access road) and just a loud crack if you are
in
hard cover ( such as in the marker's pit, about 12 feet below line of
sight, with a concrete and dirt wall several yards thick between you and
the rifle, but nothing between you and the stop mound).  You definitely
know something is going on.

regards

Bruce S. R. Lee

Prev: Player Listing Next: Re: Player Listing