Prev: Re: Alliegance... Next: Re: Looking for Combine GEVs

Re: United States Civil War

From: "EPICS: Self-Guided Wilderness Tours" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 08:39:37 -0400
Subject: Re: United States Civil War

>> The biggest problem I have had with alternate histories such as
>Sterling's
>> Guns of the South, is the lack of accuracy in the historical
analysis.

>Even though this is kinda off topic...I guess I will through my two
cents
>in.  First...I thought Turtledove wrote Guns of the South....maybe not.

He did. I haven't read it, but a friend has been recommending it to me
strongly (then again, maybe she's a little biased, being from The South
herself? ;). I've been reading his 'WorldWar:' series this week, which
I think is quite good. Been trying to think of DS2/SG2 scenarios/stats
for that era.

Mk
-
ENEMY WANTED: Mature, lone, North American superpower seeks hostile
nation
for arms racing, third world conflicts, threat inflation, mirror-imaging
and general bellicose posturing. Must be sufficiently menacing to
frighten
more money from Congress. Nuclear capability preferred, chem-bio or
near-nuclear considered. Technologically backward, yet fierce applicants
will also be considered. Must be able to taunt, harangue and bluster in
local
and international media markets. Location: Earth, anywhere, preferrably
near
strategic petroleum deposits, major population or economic centers.
Please
reply with picture of chanting troops, tank battalions, atrocities,
screaming
fighters, etc, to: The Pentagon, Washington, D.C., U.S.A. Pre-emptive
attacks
welcomed. Please, no micro-cell terrorists.

Prev: Re: Alliegance... Next: Re: Looking for Combine GEVs