Prev: Re: savasku capital ships. Next: Re: Are there any utils for FTMAP available?

[COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC] Re: NORWEGIANS ARISE!!!!

From: Thomas Oesterlie <toaster@p...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 11:57:19 -0400
Subject: [COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC] Re: NORWEGIANS ARISE!!!!

Hi all!

>Historically explorers and seafarers I have no  trouble imagining
>the Norwegians operating an extensive merchant  marine with robust
>combat patrols.

You really have high thoughts about us, don't you? I imagine the combat
patrols consist of space ships mounted with a beefed up version of the
ancient Norwegian killer weapon - the whaling harpoon ;) And the space
cadets are armed with picks to kill Space Seals with, aren't they? :-)
Do we
still have oil, the shiny black fluid lubricating Norwegian society? And
where is Greenpeace and Sea Shepherd? Still on our case? Wait! I see it
all
so clear now! Paul Watson gone space: Space Shepherd =8-)

>During the "bad old days" of the cold war the Norwegians shot
>at Russky subs on a weekly basis!

We did? Cool! I actually think that was the Swedes, though. Oh well,
since
I'm employee of a Swedish company I've got my behind covered any way.

Sorry. I couldn't help but reply. The combination of a continuing heat
wave
here in Scandinavia, the Norwegian election closing in, and the topic of
this mail, fried my frail Norwegian brain. Fried Norwegian brane tastes
good, though. You should try it sometime. It's one of the special dishes
we
serve to every tourist. Alongside whale beef, of course ;)

Thomas Oesterlie
Pretty ugly, but pretty unique
Ever the national romantic
E-mail: toaster@pvv.ntnu.no

Prev: Re: savasku capital ships. Next: Re: Are there any utils for FTMAP available?