Prev: Re: SG - New Israeli's _ Eureka Miniatures Next: Re: SG - New Israeli's _ Eureka Miniatures

Re: Strategic Thrust--technology groups

From: "Nathan" <njp@c...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 09:20:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Strategic Thrust--technology groups

Using Particle Technology as the category name for projectile weapons
might
lead to a little confusion as "Beam Technology" could use particle
accelerators.  I would suggest "Projectile Technology" instead.

Other than that it looks fine.

Thanks,
Nathan

PS Where do I sign the petition to have Texas secede from Free Cal-Tex?
:
)  Free Republic of Texas!!

> Subject: Strategic Thrust--technology groups
> Date: Thursday, September 04, 1997 12:31 AM
>
> OK guys,
>	  I'm now grouping all the weapons and there defensive systems
> into catagories and I would like everyones input on this. I have a
breif
> description that I'm including with them. If anyone thinks that it
> should be changed.....do it. If you want to elaberate on any or all of
> the catagories please do.
>	  Well, here goes:
> Particle Technology:
>		  weapon--matter that is progected through
> space....ie...railgun
>		  defense--screen  or armor that will stop or deflect
fast
> moving objects
> Beam Technology:
>		  weapon--energy that is projected throught space as a
> stream...ie. standard beam battery
>		  defense--screen or armor that will stop or deflect
> energy
> Plasma Technology:
>		  weapon--plasma that is projected through space as a
> mass...ie...pulse torp
>		  defense--screen that will detonate the plasma before
it