Prev: Re: FT-RPG (was Re: Stategic Thrust) Next: 2300 Resources

Strategic Thrust--Note from System designer

From: "Todd \"Rogue2\" Wikel" <toddw@s...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 21:20:15 -0400
Subject: Strategic Thrust--Note from System designer

Brian and fellow FT players
	My Rules are set-up to where a Campaign Master can make the
Campaign as basic or as detailed as he wants. If you want to add
Dirtside II to the Campaign, just use it instead of the quick ground
combat system that i have developed. Though I'm not a DSII player yet, I

hope to incorperate a points system for ground/invasion troops that will

allow DSII to be played. My ideas and current rules are mostly hand
written, (u know that half-a-sleep sudden brain storm), on about a
hundred different peices of paper. I'm currently attempting to organize
them into a comprehensive and organized set of rules and enter them on
my computer. You guys have given me a lot of new ideas and thoughts that

will hopefully make this system awesome.
	A little about the system......ST is set-up where any race that
you can think of can be incorperated into 1 campaign universe. This is
done by using generic tech-level based system. Each Race is given a set
number of tech levels and allowed to purchase/design a sensiable concept

race. There are few freebees such as FTL and Normal Drives but with
additional tech levels spent in this catagory, that person may get
faster and even reduced mass drives.
    The standard techs cover all the basic that a race must have to be
playable:
	    Basic weapon systems...ie particle, plasma, energy, ect
	    Drive systems....ie FTL and Normal
	    Defensive systems....ie sheilds, armor, deflectors, ect
	    Hull designs....ie Stream lined, Open, Modular, ect
	    Eletronics......Fire Con, ECM, Flag Bridge, ect
	    ECT, ECT, ECT
    The special tech cover what makes that race different from all the
others. It might be Bio Based, Have fighter launch tubes as in
Battlestar Galatica....launches all squads at once, Have a stealth
ablility as in the B5 Mimbari.....harder to lock weapons on at long
range, or an advanced weapon system that allows weapons to fire longer,
faster, or do more damage. Special Tech will not always be a new
technology but may be a specialization on an existing tech. The
possiblities are endless within this system. Races then have to design
ships for both combat and transport. Supplies and  Troop transport are a

very important concept in the advanced version of ST. Battles may be won

or lost over the protection/destruction of these poorly armed
ships.......remember an army/navy fights on their stomacks.....bring
lots of supplies if your going to fight a long way from home.
	These are a few of the concepts of Strategic Thrust.....a system

designed to take Full Thrust from a fleet level game to an Empire level
game without losing sight of why we play Full Thrust.

		Thanks for your time and keep the ideas coming,
			Todd Eric Wikel

BTW.....over look the spelling errors.....everyone has their
flaws....hehe

Prev: Re: FT-RPG (was Re: Stategic Thrust) Next: 2300 Resources