Prev: Re: Supplement publication idea Next: Re: Stategic Thrust

Re: Stategic Thrust

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 16:50:11 -0400
Subject: Re: Stategic Thrust

On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Chris McCurry wrote:

> >>Do your rules include the possiblity of including Dirtside II for
surface
> >>action - invasions and the like?
>

> I think that we (as a list) could come up with an impressive set of
long
> term campaign rules
> that's would encompass everything from large ship actions of Proxima
> Centuri to ground assaults on Mars to even troop to troop and
individual
> character actions on rescue mission back home on Terra.
>
> Effectively Jon's (GZG) universe is the best starting position for a
> generic system that in compasses each and ever possible aspect one
might
> want to play	from being a lowly grunt to the highest ranking official
> making all the calls safe back at base.
>
> with our collected resources and GZG's base their is no limit.
>
> CMC

Hear Hear! There's a set of FT campaign rules on the web, and they seem
ok, but they pre-date More Thrust and I can't see any graceful way to
include DS2 in them.

You also seem to want to get an RPG element involved - individual
character stuff, James Bond actions, etc. That'd be interesting, as the
GZG universe is well set up for conflicts on all levels, not just the
grand-tactical of FT and DS2 and the squad-tactical of SG2.

See a post I made to the Hibernia thread regarding small nationalist
groups who ship out of Earth to form independant colonies, or who
rebel/seccede from their 'parent' power -- there can be loads of these
factions, all enjoying varying degrees of success (or lack of same).
Some
ideas I'll just spin off here of groups looking for a place of their
own:

Native American groups (apache, Hiada, mohawk, etc)
native Australian Aborigines
odd religions, old and new
Quebec francophones (anyone here follow Canadian news over the last
couple
years and longer?)
fringe political movements, of all stripes (some unpleasant ones, and
some
odd ones -- everyone from Greens to Nazis...)

and on and on I could go...and the relations between the little groups
and
the superpowers would be endlessly complex as well...we could get some
government/diplomacy rules going for those (like me) who are interested
in
such. Any takers? Ideas,comments?

Brian.

Prev: Re: Supplement publication idea Next: Re: Stategic Thrust