Prev: Apology: to all list members. Next: Re: SG - New Israeli's _ Eureka Miniatures

Re: SG - New Israeli's _ Eureka Miniatures

From: Sprayform <sprayform.dev@n...>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 07:27:04 -0400
Subject: Re: SG - New Israeli's _ Eureka Miniatures

At 11:36 01/09/97 +0000,Steve P. wrote:
>Amongst the list of new goodies from Eureka was:
>
>>Sniper (Gauss Rifle with Silencer?)
>
>Um, I don't think you could silence a gauss rifle if you tried.
>The firing mechanism is already silent by the fact that it's
>electromagnetic not chemical, so you probably won't have any exhaust
>gases to worry about. But the whole point of a gauss rifle is to
>throw a very small penetrator at very high speeds. I don't think
>you'll be able to do much about the sonic boom.
>I'm could be wrong, been a while since I read about this sort of
>thing.

..You are correct however such a weapon might need a muzzle charge build
up
..suppressor for sniper activity !
..It could build up charge and 'crackle' in the air (a sound that would
..need to be suppressed) or even ionise gasses in the atmosphere
(therefore
..a flash suppressor required) and many more plausabe psudo-sci answers!

..Any way if it looks like Boaba Fet(sp?) and is recognised as a cool
..sniper figure _who cares!_ we will use it.
..Its not like the 'evil empire' one that costs £3.00 !

>And anyway, well all know there's no such thing as a silencer, only
>sound suppressors. ;-)

..You mean Sonic Suppressor!
     ;-)

Jon(top cat)
Sprayforming Developments Ltd.	      [production tools]
					   made in
				      [prototype  times]
  'The future is now'

Prev: Apology: to all list members. Next: Re: SG - New Israeli's _ Eureka Miniatures