Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[SG & DS Supplement Next: Re: Just a thought

Re: Changing Die Types

From: kx.henderson@q... (Kelvin)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 23:41:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Changing Die Types

>God, what lists were those? I'll have to avoid them. To be honest, this
is
>by far the most civil group I've seen. Very few flame wars (and those
few
>that MIGHT be considered such were short), good signal to noise ratio,
very
>polite. I'm not sure why this is. I suppose it's because we all have a
>fairly common set of interests, but we're also fairly mature
>(intellectually, if not always chronologically). I've seen other groups
with
>common interests break out into flame wars at a drop of a hat. I just
don't
>know what it is about this group. I noticed the same thing at GenCon;
the
>list members were about the same in person as they were in print.

So why is it that my fiancee always tells me to grow up? ;-)

I've been on both of the Warhammer 40K lists and they are like the lists
described.  Obnoxious and intolerant people rule those two lists (my
apologies to anyone here who is on them, but that was the impression I
got).
I told people I liked the basic infantry for my army (Imperial Guard)
and
that I thought the characters and tanks were a waste of time and then I
got
several very abrupt replies that if I liked them so much, then it was no
wonder that I lost so often (50% of the time).	And they regularly broke
out
into huge flame wars over very trivial things and in the end the only
reason
you knew what a thread was actually about was because of the subject
line.
Some of the messages were VERY rude.

But I love this list and I really loved the Epic Space Marine list
before
the release of Epic97.	That was great list to be on.  More like a chat
line
than a gamer's mailing list. <Sigh>

-Kelvin.....

 "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
  "I think so Brain but, horizontal stripes on
       trousers make me look fat.  Poit!"
	    -Pinky and the Brain
       email:  kx.henderson@qut.edu.au

Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[SG & DS Supplement Next: Re: Just a thought